Here is this week’s installment of “Five Faith Friday” which contains five, faith-based things I found interesting and am sharing on Friday.
Where I Went —
Abbeyfest! Along with several other good and holy Catholic families that we knew, my family and I were joined by several thousand others that we didn’t know. My favorite part by far was the candlelit Eucharistic procession into adoration (check out the video). We also had a chance to:
- Meet Father Gregory Pine
- Celebrate Mass with Archbishop Nelson Perez
- Hear from Jonathan Roumie
- Watch We Are Messengers perform
- Watch Matt Maher perform
What Article I Enjoyed —
The Radical Wrongness of Roe by Michael Stokes Paulsen. Michael is Distinguished University Chair and professor of law at the University of St. Thomas. This is a very thorough article on the scientific (i.e., Catholic) position of abortion and what is specifically wrong with the Roe vs. Wade decision. For those who aren’t aware, the Supreme Court will hear arguments Dec. 1 in a case from Mississippi that tests whether all state laws that ban pre-viability abortions are unconstitutional. The case, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, has the potential to pose a serious challenge to Roe v. Wade.
What I Celebrated —
The anniversary of my baptism. After your birthday, the day original sin was wiped away and you officially entered God’s Church is a monumental day. Make sure you celebrate it as such. We celebrate for each of our baptism anniversaries and usually with the kids we make it a big deal: renewing their baptismal vows with a candle and holy water involved, special meals, etc. I’d encourage you to consider treating your baptism date for as big of a deal as it truly is. Here are some ideas if you want more:
- Celebrating Baptismal Anniversaries – a family prayer service
- Every Kid is Special (three days per year)
- Celebrate your kids’ baptism anniversaries
- Eat, pray, light, bless: celebrate a baptism anniversary
- Celebrate Baptism Anniversaries
Which 6-Part Series I’m Looking Forward To —
St. Joseph: Our Spiritual Father. The Knights of Columbus have been creating some amazing content lately and this looks to match the level of quality. In the year of St. Joseph, make sure you increase your devotion to the Terror of Demons. Go consecrate yourself to St. Joseph while you are at it.
What Is Coming Up —
Michaelmas! On Wednesday (September 29th) the Church celebrates the feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael. Focusing on all three may be difficult for most families so may I so boldly suggest focusing on one of them for the day. Here is what we are going to do to celebrate St. Michael… after all, who doesn’t love celebrating God’s triumph over Satan?!
- Read about St. Michael in the Bible:
- Pray the St. Michael prayer
- Have a special meal or dessert
- Watch Superbook Episode 1 about St. Michael
What Upcoming Events That I’m Attending —
- Monday, September 27th in Harrisburg there is going to be the first-ever Pennsylvania March For Life
- Saturday, October 9th in Allentown, Kevin Wells, author of The Priests We Need to Save the Church, will be coming to speak at the Cathedral in Allentown, PA. All men are invited and can register here
Have a wonderful weekend and may God bless you and your family!