A nationally known author and expert on school bullying will give a series of presentations for parents and children at Catholic schools around the Diocese of Allentown. The programs are free and open to the public.
Jodee Blanco is a bullying survivor, expert, advocate, and the author of the New York Times best-selling book “Please Stop Laughing at Me.” Her presentations are full of advice and information for anyone concerned about school bullying.
“We are pleased to be able to open these programs to the community at large as a public service,” said Dr. Brooke Tesché, Chancellor of Catholic Education. “It’s another way that we in the Diocese of Allentown fulfill our mission, which includes bringing the Light of Christ to each other and to our communities.”
Programs will be held at the following Catholic schools in the Diocese:
- Monday, February 3, LaSalle Academy, 440 Holland St., Shillington. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 5, St. Anne School, 375 Hickory St., Bethlehem. 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6, Our Lady of Perpetual Help School,3221 Santee Rd., Bethlehem. 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 10, St. Ignatius Loyola Regional School, 2700 St. Albans Drive, Reading. 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 11, Nativity B.V.M. High School, One Lawtons Hill, Pottsville. 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12, St. Thomas More School, 1040 Flexer Ave., Allentown. 7 p.m.
Blanco also will be giving a seminar for diocesan Catholic school leaders at an upcoming in-service day. For more information on Blanco, visit her website: https://www.jodeeblanco.com/